Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wet Paint Sale - Lunenburg

Last weekend we headed over to Lunenburg's Wet Paint Sale. Every year, the Lunenburg Art Gallery hosts this event (formerly called Paint Sea On Site). Artists paint on site on Saturday and Sunday, and they hold a silent auction of the paintings on both days at the Lunenburg Fire Hall. Each piece of art has a "take away" price that's good until 3:30. Anything not purchased for the take away price remains for silent auction until 4:30. It's a fund raiser for the Gallery, and proceeds are split 50%-50% with the artists.

We were there both days and on Sunday and I won this little gem... "Garden Chair" painted by Anne Fraser. I have looked for information about Anne on line, but I can't find a web site for her and I don't know anything about her. But I love this painting. That chair is just waiting for me to sit in.

We'll be back at the Wet Paint Sale again next year. But next year, I'd like to tour around to see the artists in action.

No comments: